Sunday, May 8, 2011

Things I Will Tell My Kid

Am yet to experience motherhood. Nevertheless. The moment I document these, it becomes a dictum…to be followed strictly. I promise to do so.

1) I will never force my thoughts upon you. I will respect your individuality, always.

2) I will not just provide books, bags, uniform and expect you to study. I will provide a peaceful environment (mental and emotional) for you to shine.

3) I will never bore you or send you on a guilt-trip by narrating my struggles as a child.

4) I will never ask you to find out the marks of another kid at school. Nor will I do it myself.

5) If you make a mistake, be the first one to apologize. I will too.

6) Likewise, if the mistake is not yours, never apologize.

7) Don’t glorify or idealize me. I’m not impeccable. Nobody is. Be your own role-model.

8) I will get into your world and share your joys. I will become a kid once again and listen to your stories.

9) Never miss your Moral Science or P.T. classes at school. Don’t touch your books then.

10) Never practice ‘academic’ discrimination at school. Your mom was not a great star at school. :):)

11) I promise to read up on Parenting before I bring you into this world.

12) Try not to judge anyone. Am trying too.

13) I will mature myself enough to let go…when the time comes. I know you came through me, but not for me.

14) I promise to become a better person, before I correct similar shortcomings in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment